Wednesday, January 07, 2015

The no pain peel !!!

When i was offered the chance to have a Cosmedix Purity peel at Skin solutions. I jumped at the chance. But i have to admit i was a little nervous, previous peels had sometimes been quite uncomftable, but i can honestly say i was impressed with Cosmedix.

My face was first assessed by Chloe Parry from IIAA using the VISA machine. Dr Alison Warner then assessed my skin and asked me some questions to ensure my skin was suitable for the Purity peel.

First my face is cleansed and to see where exactly the problem areas are. for my skin it is congestion and acne. I am currently struggling with a particularly bad and sore breakout.

Then the peel is applied, what first surprised me is it was more of a thick paste, then a liquid solution, the peel is gently pressed into the skin and left for 10 minutes. To be honest i really didn't feel much more then a tiny tingle, I had braced myself for intense stinging but this never happened. After 10 minutes Dr Warner then patted on a balm and the peel was complete. You ideally keep the peel on for at least 6 hours and then wash it off at home. The only downside is you are left with a yellow tint to the skin, so this did make for an interesting school run. As i attempted to cover my face with sunglasses, a hood and a scarf wrapped up to my eyes, but in all fairness I've had worse looking fake tans!.


that night my skin did feel dry when i washed off the peel but this is what you expect. Dr Warner had carefully selected my bespoke skincare routine (we discussed a choice of Environ products from IIAA or Cosmedix, Cosmedix products packed a bit more of a punch and less products were required, but these were more expensive then environ about £50)


Cosmedix - Purity Clean exfoliating cleanser
Only a small amount of this face wash is required meaning it is great value for money, its easy to use and gives you a very small lather so you do actually feel like you are washing your face, with cooling peppermint, lavender and tea tree oil, this helps to keep the pores unclogged and the skin fresh and blemish free!

Results RX- by Cosmedix - Anti redness serum, Reduce
This is a physician only range which means it formula is incredibly potent, the Reduce serum is designed to help calm redness so this would help me reduce the redness caused by acne, this product doesn't smell great, but only a small amount once a day in the morning is required, this is my least favourite of my new skincare.

Cosmedix - Clarity, acne and breakout control serum
Love this serum, the fresh and zingy smell is instantly uplifting, tea tree, witch hazel and calming willow, aid the skin in controlling breakouts and diminishing the appearance of scars and finally the  proprietary retinol complex really makes this a must have for oily prone skin. you only need a pea size amount, and absorbs into the skin super quick.

Cosmedix - Phytoclear clarifying moisturiser
This anti - ageing moisturiser is perfect for oily prone skin, usually oily skin struggles with moisturisers as they can clog the pores and leave the skin very greasy! Phytoclear has been special formulated with vitamin B to help fight the signs of ageing without leaving the skin dry and dull. as with the clarity serum a pea sized amount is more then enough for the face and neck.

The great thing about my new skincare routine is its the same products day and night, and simple to use. 

Post peel 24 hours 

So far i have noticed my skin has become oily, but i will give this 2 weeks as when you change your skincare products this can happen and this is what usually happens to me post peel.

Post peel 7 days
Skin is clearer, pores look smaller, skin tone looks more even, skin has slowly decreased daily in oiliness, less redness.

I have been really impressed with the Purity peel by Cosmedix and i really do think after having 3/4 peels at 2 weeks apart will really help my skin.

Really big thank you for Dr Alison Warner for managing to fit me into her busy Oxford clinic. I will be writing a separate post about Dr Alison Warner shortly.

For more informations about Skin Solutions Clinic and Dr Alison Warner see the link below

http://skinsolutionsoxford.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment