Monday, March 23, 2015

Mummy Workouts- get fit in the comfort of your own home!


Toned and tight abs, a firm bottom and no sign of a bingo wing! i dont think it is a lot to ask for when it comes to getting in shape, But not all Mummys have the chance to get to an exercise class or to a gym, So when i heard about Mummy Workouts i was intrigued to see what the company was about, and did they offer anything more then a standard fitness DVD or for those who are to cheap to buy the dvd like my good self, searching you tube to find a workout that claims to be the next big fitness craze.

7:30pm on a wednesday evening, I'm ready to settle down for the evening, watch bit of telly/write up a blog post, then i remember i am booked in to a mummy workout, so a quick change of clothes, drink of water and i start to get ready for my class.

When you sign up to Mummy workouts you then select which class you would like to participate in, you are sent a link an hour before the class and then 10 minutes before you get a reminder, (this is helpful if you super scatty like me). 

not me

When i click the link a window opens and there in front of me is Tina, she welcomes me along with the other ladies and asks us to get a mat and a drink of water ready, there were 4 other ladies in my class, even though i could see them and hear them, once the workout began i didn't really know they were there, i am aware mummy workouts will shortly be updating their software so the participant will only see the teacher, (so for those of you who are a little shy don't worry)

Then Tina starts the workout and when i say workout i mean a really hard workout, i have previously had personal trainers who work me just as hard as Tina worked us. We did 3 sets of each group of exercises, from planks and press ups, sit ups and lunges (high, impact, interval, training). Tina gave us a full body workout, after 20 minutes i was sweating and my legs and abs were like jelly (i consider myself fairly fit so this is a true judge of how hard the workouts are!). But for those of you who don't think you are up to a tough session, don't worry we were all given easier options and given the chance to rest when ever we needed.

I think this is a great idea, so many woman want to get fit but don't have the time or money to go to a gym, and not forgetting the ladies that don't feel confident enough to go to a exercise class or gym, i know myself, i lost my confident a little after having my son, it really got to me when i went on a hen do when he was about 6 month old, all the other girls were slim, but i felt fat and frumpy and was desperate to loose weight and gain my confidence back.
The other bonus to the webcam workouts, is that the fitness instructor can keep an eye on you ensuring you are in the right positions and not putting yourself in danger, and the little positive comments you get while you work out help you to focus, ignore the burning pain in your legs and carry on to finish the final and hardest set of lunges!
Don't worry the price of Mummy Workouts is a fraction of what you pay for a gym membership or exercise class.

You can check out more info about Mummy Workouts on the link below have your glass of water at the ready!
http://mummyworkouts.com




No comments:

Post a Comment