Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Love me beauty my first box!


  • I have been contemplating for months whether to start a beauty box subscription, and finally i took the plunge. I choose Love me beauty as they had received some good reviews, you can choose what you want in the box, and they stocked some brands i hadn't used or even heard of so i signed up very excited!!!!


Unfortunately for love me beauty, my first box was not so simple and my excitement ended! (sad disappointed face). After selecting the products, i checked out and waited for my box to arrive. 5-7 days later still no box, 14 days later still no box? to cut a long story short my box had been held for inspection at royal mail because the box contained cosmetics? But the team at love me beauty sorted this out and my box arrived! (Happy excited face returned).




What's in the box

Weleda - Calendula Massage Oil- full size 200ml
S5- Cosmacutical Balance fluid -travel size
Malin + Goetz - grapefruit face wash - travel size
Anatomicals - No old bags eye gels - full size
So Susan - Dual brow powder - full size



The products come in a lovely canvas bag (as seen in photo) which adds a nice touch to the box so on with the product reviews........


Pretty much does what it says on the bottle, a lovely massage oil, that can be used on sensitive - dry skin, has antiseptic properties that help aid healing, with all that said i have been using the oil once or twice a week after a shower on damp skin as an all over body moisturiser when i haven't got time to slap on the cream. This is a thick oil so use sparingly a few drops will do your entire body! the smell is very subtle, slight floral and i mean slight, the only downside is a little greasy but i guess that is what massage oils are meant to be like.
Average massage oil, nice to have as a treat but wouldn't be something i would purchase again.


I was really pleased to find a cosmacutical product on offer and S5 definatly doesn't disappoint,
Source5 is the first certified organic and natural cosmacutical brand, and i am really impressed with this product, it dispenses easily, and you only need 2 pumps to cover your face and neck, absorbs quickly but without leaving your skin dry or oily, this makes for a great make up base, my face stayed matt even out in the sun in spain! i have only got a small amount left and know i need to order a new one. Best product in the box and also best moisturiser i have tried in a while. 10 out of 10 S5!



I was skeptical when i selected this face wash, but i love the smell of grapefruit and know that grapefruit works well with my skin. I took this away to Spain with me and I was so gutted that its now all gone! this doesn't over lather, but gives enough to make your face feel clean and fresh, it didn't sting or make the skin feel tight. The grapefruit face wash is Malin + Goetz best seller its effective but not harsh, the company are American and started in 2004 by Matthew Malin & Andrew Goetz who already worked within the cosmetics industry, decided to join forces and develop the brand. As with S5 i am also going to have to order more of this and i am hoping to get my hands on more Malin + Goetz goodies.



This lightweight gel not only has a catchy name, but also minimises puffiness and bags instantly! I applied a small amount to my under eye area and they no longer looked puffy, the gels colourless so you don't end up with white patches around the eyes, absorbs mega quick and doesn't leave any residue. Anatomicals are a young company trying to keep skincare and cosmetics, fun, funky and fresh. A great product that i otherwise wouldn't have known about, i look forward to trying some more of there "we only want you for your body"range.



From economical student to cosmetic developer is quite a jump, but the founder Susan Chyi decided that this was her passion, to create make up that treats and works with the skin. the 2 different colour powders make the set versatile to have real statement brows or just subtly fill in missing gaps, the brush works well with the powders, and they do last the longevity of the day. my personal preference for brows are pencils as i find them easier and quicker to apply. if your a prefer to paint rather then draw your brows then this sets for you a great price and a nice introduction to the so Susan range.

Was Love me beauty worth the money?

Monthly subscription for 6 months £71.70 so £11.95 a month to choose what i want in the box and this box had a value of at least £27!

I am really happy that i selected Love me beauty the products so far are great and they have made a real effort to find cosmetic brands that are new and exciting. watch this blog to find out whats in my next box or 4.

For my details about Love me beauty follow the link below

https://www.lovemebeauty.com







No comments:

Post a Comment