Monday, March 17, 2014

Wake up your make up!

We all love our trusted make up produts and wouldn't be without them, but are they doing more harm then good? with the explosion of BB creams is it time to look at what make up contains and how that affects our skin?

In an ideal world i would love to be able to spend more time applying make up, i used to enjoy getting ready for the day. fast forward 10 years and my main goal is to get my face on before the kids start drowning each other in the bath! and this got me thinking, is make up doing more harm? 

I think that depends on what you use and your skin type, some ladies look gorgeous with or without make up and it doesn't matter how much they spend on a foundation or mascara, but for others they really have to be careful what they use. more and more professional make up is becoming available. the tricks the celebrities used to use are now readily available for us to try. I am curious to find out what is on the horizon for 2014!

I will start with a product i have been using for over 6 months, i didn't expect it to have any effect at all, but actually it is a key essential in my daily routine.


Eyelash conditioner
You may be thinking that i have gone a little mad, but Lash conditioners are a big market, from high street to high end, everyone is getting in on eyelashes! we spend £££££ on Mascara so to me it makes sense to get the best from your lashes, i don't wear mascara in the day anymore only if i go out at night, i like the fact my lashes feel long and strong and if i do choose to rub my eyes during the day i don't look like king fu panda!

Here are my favourites

Revitalash 
£78 for 3.5ml, this may sound pricey but this is worth every penny. you apply nightly like liquid liner on the lash line, after a month you won't even have to apply it weekly! just apply once a fortnight and my lashes are great! available from 

No 7 Fanomenal lash serum £22.50 6ml
This is a lot more purse friendly and is great for maintaining your lashes it did strengthen my lashes but i prefer the texture of Revitalash, this is thicker and takes longer to dry, but apart from that its great essential for any woman to have in her duly skincare collection, Apply nightly like liquid liner found i had to use this daily for longer and after a few months i could drop down to once a week. 
Available from 













No comments:

Post a Comment