Friday, January 17, 2014

What did we learn from our mothers?

As a little girl i loved nothing more then watching my mum put on her make up ( she wasn't quite so keen with wandering hands all over her much loved cosmetics!). But being a loving Mummy she let me, She didn't have big brand make up, but what she had she used well, and people would always comment on how good my mum looked. so what did i learn?


Take off your make up every day -
Artist start with a clean canvas and before applying cosmetics you should think the same. always always always take your make up off before you go to bed ( and when i say take off, i mean properly, not with baby wipes). 

Keep a core collection of essentials -
Despite her questionable collection of eyeshadows, Mum always had a neutral essentials selection for when she wasn't sure what she would be wearing. I tend to stick to this today, I'm not the most daring of cosmetic queens and i tend to get in a bit of a rut with my eyeshadow colours, but i do believe that keeping an essential collection is a good idea.

Put your clothes on after your make up - 
There were too many times when i was a teenager that i would go to leave the house and mum would notice there was make up all over my top, or foundation powder on my trousers, which when you then try and brush off you end up rubbing in more, mum would then attempt to wipe it away with a cloth, it looked fine till the material had dried and then this stain would reappear!.

And finally ...................
Don't let your 4 year old son watch you putting on make up to often! Leo was watching me ready to go on one of my few girls nights out he picked up my powder wiped it on his face and said " this will cover up the red" he then went and showed daddy which you can imagine didn't go down to well. But on the positive he clearly pays attention to what i say! 

What did your Mother teach you ? 





No comments:

Post a Comment