Friday, January 10, 2014

Can Cosmetics become an obsession?

For centuries, Woman have taken pride in their appearance with various rituals, lotions and potions, fast forward to present day and this is still as much a part of today's culture, but are we becoming to obsessed?

With the increase of social media and cosmetic procedures becoming more accessible, i worry we are becoming obsessed with ourselves and what we look like, i know because i became a victim to this obsession myself.

After having my 2 beautiful children and trying to keep a healthy lifestyle (as much as you can with children) i still had a little pouch on my tummy that was annoying me and i thought i had found the easy solution.

I decided to have some non-invasive fat reduction and skin tightening, The clinic used 3d lipo, which used radio frequency to firm and tighten the skin and ultrasound to break the fat down into liquid which then just passes through your body as normal antioxidants do.
after my first few treatments i did see some results but not as much as i was hoping, but i was still willing to have more after the agreed course (since having the treatment i found out that the machines are not fit for purpose and many clinicians are suing the company due to the safety implications). My clinician has since got rid of hers!

I was willing to spend money on the hope that the next course would work a bit better, and I'm talking about £100's. thankfully i realised i was becoming a vain lady who was more interested in how i looked then who i was! don't get me wrong i like to look good but there is looking good and obsessing about looking good!

I fell into the same vicious circle with advanced skincare facials, thankfully i took a step back and hadn't damaged my skin. Now i am happy with what i have got, i enjoy my treatments (as you know) but i must enjoy them and not feel i have to have them. 

So that's my story, but it scares me to think of how many others are in a worse situation and continually working on their selves, its a sad sad place to be in. just look at the celebrities who have not changed but indeed mutilated their face, and for what most of them have failed careers and are still injecting and tucking to keep up with the "crowd".

What do you think? have you become obsessed with how you look i would love to hear your stories and opinions.

beauty is it only skin deep? 



No comments:

Post a Comment